Tonight’s “Last Comic Standing” was a huge improvement over last week. They brought the bulk of the comics to the audience for voting, like we hoped they would in our last article, and it was a great show!!
It started off with the comics discussing Iliza. It was obvious that if they were on the way to the cemetery again, they would not vote for her. As one comic put it, if she got into the showdown again and won, this would become a story about her instead of a competition.
But they had nothing to fear, because the change was on. Tonight there would be no cemetery. Tonight, everyone was fair game. Tonight, it would be up to the TV audience; a fair challenge to see who was best. Our kind of show!!
To get “immunity”, the comics were first challenged to bring laughter to a select group. In case you don’t know what “immunity” is, it means that the person that gets “immunity” does not have to compete that week and cannot be eliminated.
The first challenge was rather dumb and a waste of time. The cast went to a Sushi bar and did some comedy while cooking for Lady Body Builders, Deal or no Deal (a set of hot women, now isn’t that unfair to Iliza?), the frat boys of Sigma Chi (I think that is right) and a bunch of midgets.
This was boring and seemed to serve no purpose.There was no voting, and it appeared to just be filler. They had to make the show run two hours, and well, our best guess is that they ran out of material and used this to burn time. Yawn. No one was spectacular and this part of the show was totally forgettable. In fact, you can delete this paragraph.
But the next stop was interesting. The comics were loaded on the bus and carted off to what appeared to be a mansion. A beautiful estate with a pool swarming with…bikini-clad models. What could this be? Of course; the Playboy mansion.
Three hot Playboy models that have repeatedly adorned the front page of the most famous men’s magazine in history came down the stairs to meet the remaining cast of performers. And those men that were eliminated in prior weeks committed hari-kari immediately upon viewing this segment of the show. Esther, however, was not amused.
The task was to take a story line , make it into a fairy tale and tell it to the three models. The one that got the highest vote would get “immunity”.
You know, the performances were all pretty crappy. It is difficult to perform comedy to strangers on the spur of the moment, but one performer was head and shoulders above the rest. His advantage? Something comedians have used for eons to gain an advantage on stage. Something that allows them to wow an audience quickly and that is a great lead into other material. Something that even exploits the humor of other well-known performers. What could it be? Impersonations of course. And Marcus killed it.
What was funniest, though, was how dumb the three blonde models played through the entire set, leaving us thinking, “Wow, these really are three dumb blondes!!” Then, they came down with their selection and showed us all; nothing could be further from the truth. These ladies were far from dumb and they are living in that mansion for a reason. Well, right, multiple reasons, but one of them isn’t because they are dumb.
1. Adam Hunter – Adam started off slow but got progressively better and had us laughing by the end of his set. He uses major facial expression and got a 7 out of 10 from us for his performance.
2. Iliza – The winner over the past two weeks was clever again, trying to draw in the audience, but this week, she wasn’t going to take out everyone. She got a ranking of 6 out of 10 from us, but did get a giggle or two.
3. Sean – Great performance by Sean. His initial lead-in was only fair, but when he broke into song, he had us in stitches. His facial expressions are priceless and the lyrics classic. We won’t repeat them here. You have to see the show. He took the lead with an 8 out of 10.
4. Jim Tavare – You know, Jim started real slow. He came on with a Bass Violin and led us down a merry path of boredom until he hit his stride and then had us laughing huge. One joke was “I went to a child psychiatrist; he was 8”. Delivery is everything and this guy brought it. 9 out of 10.
5. Jeff Dye – Cute for the ladies who obviously love this guy, but only a moderate performance. Got a couple of giggles out of us, but overall, 5 out of 10.
6. Ron G – Ron seemed to grab the audience, but we didn’t get it. Because he had the audience’s attention though, we gave him 7 out of 10.
7. Louis Ramey – Fantastic from the word go. One laugh after another. “I never go to book stores, because I have cable.” Or “Ladies, if a man ever tells you he wants to cover your entire body in honey and lick it off, you are looking at a man that has never tried it before”. 10 out of 10.
OK, so there you have it. The bottom for us was Jeff Dye. Just not funny. Iliza didn’t have a good week either, so she could go too. The top three that should garner the audience’s favor are Louis Ramey, Jim Tavare and Sean. Adam Hunter and Ron G could be at risk.
Now what else do we say? Katee will win this competition too?
Polls are now closed. Thank you.
[poll id=”9″] [poll id=”11″]