Listen to Michael, ‘cause he’s been chasing after girls for quite some time now.
1. Dress to impress.
You don’t have to be super fancy, but at least put some effort into your attire.
2. Work your look.
Goes hand-in-hand with your outfit. You don’t need makeup and all that jazz, but at least make sure your hair is combed. Personal hygiene is sexy.
4. But if you ARE going to be late, let them know.
None of this, “Oh, sorry. Traffic.” You pick that phone up and tell them you’re running late, and that you’re really, really sorry.
5. When you do get there, know how to make a damn entrance.
Confidence is key; people notice that. OWN IT.
6. It’s okay to be nervous.
Dating can be super nerve-wracking.
7. Keep in mind, your date is probably nervous, too.
Just breathe. It’s all gonna be OK.
8. Be your unique self.
Walk to the beat of your own drum? GOOD. That’ll make you memorable to the person checking you out in the dark corner of the bar.
9. Eye contact is hella important.
Your date deserves your undivided attention.
11. Actually listen if your date opens up to you.
And offer a helping hand if they need it.
12. Defend your date.
If someone’s disrespecting your squeeze, stick up for them!
13. Don’t be afraid to show emotion.
Just let it out. It’s healthy and shit.
14. Understand boundaries.
I mean, being ~2gether 4ever~ is great and all…
But people need their space sometimes.
15. Keep your messages clear.
Don’t expect your date to figure out how you’re feeling. Just tell them!
16. Don’t be a wallflower.
Doing something fun and active, such as dancing, can make for a killer memorable night.
17. Always maintain the element of surprise.
Love should keep you on your toes, amirite?!
18. Be a freak in the sheets.
This especially can help if you feel like your relationship’s in a rut.
19. Don’t get involved with someone who’s already taken.
It’s a lose/lose situation. Just admire from afar, then move on.
20. Walk your date to the door.
No gender norms here. Guy, girl, it doesn’t matter. It’s just a nice thing to do, OK?