Recently, action-packed movies from Marvel and DC Comics have been taking over theaters.
With recent box office hits like Deadpool and Captain America: Civil War, it seems like comic book characters are everywhere. (Not that there’s anything wrong with that.) But did you know that some of these iconic superheroes and villains weren’t just figments of imagination…but based on real people?
You may be surprised that some of these heroes were born as a result of fact, not fiction!
1. Ironman: Howard Hughes
Getty / Hulton Archive / Stringer
2. Batman: Robert the Bruce & Mad Anthony Wayne
3. Wonder Woman: Wonder Woman’s creator William Moulton Marston’s wife, Elizabeth, and his research assistant Olive Byrne
4. Constantine: Sting
Getty Images / John Rodgers / Contributor
5. Bucky Barnes: Joe Simon, co-creator of Bucky, modeled the character after Bucky Pearson, a star player on his basketball team
6. The Flash (Barry Allen): Barry Gray and Steve Allen
Getty Images / Archive Photos / Stringer
7. J. Jonah Jameson: Stan Lee
Getty Images / Albert Ortega / Stringer
8. Professor Xavier: Martin Luther King Jr. (but modeled physically after actor Yul Brynner)
Getty Images / Agence France Presse / Contributor
9. Superman: Douglas Fairbanks Sr.
Getty Images / Keystone / Staff
10. The Joker: Actor Conrad Veit’s character in The Man Who Laughs
To get the full scoop on who inspired these characters, watch the full video below!
Read more: http://www.viralnova.com/superheroes-in-real-life/