Say what you want about life imitating art, but you really can’t argue with the fact that art imitates itself every now and again. Just ask the creators over at Pixar. You’ve probably seen most of their movies, but did you know that some of their most popular films pay homage to the greats of cinema past?
Movies like Toy Story, Up, and The Incredibles are filled to the brim with references to some of the most beloved films of all time.
The parallels might not be obvious at first, but looking at the productions with a discerning eye reveals the level of influence that these revered blockbusters have had on Pixar’s greatest hits over the years.
After all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
To see more of these parallels in action, check this out:
(via Design Taxi)
Pretty amazing, right? It’s easy to watch Pixar movies with idle, cartoon-loving eyes, but the next time they roll out another classic, be on the lookout for allusions to your favorite cinematic standbys.
Read more: http://www.viralnova.com/pixar-tributes/
So. many. boners.
We recently asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to share with us the weirdest Disney moments. Here are the crazy results.
1. Jaq “stacking” the necklace beads on Gus Gus’ tail.
Submitted by Spencer Althouse.
2. Buzz Lightyear getting a “wing boner” when Jessie opens Andy’s bedroom door by herself.
Submitted by Dany Chan (Facebook)
3. Aladdin finding himself stuck in a brothel.
Submitted by Camey Metcalfe (Facebook)
4. The harpies flashing their boobs in Fantasia.
Submitted by BabyDollLolita.
5. The penis on the castle of the The Little Mermaid VHS video.
Submitted by acmcneil2.
6. The mermaids basically trying to murder Wendy.
Submitted by Alicia Lynn Abrams (Facebook)
7. Pinocchio drinking beer and smoking cigars when he’s just a young boy.
Submitted by Chloe Wysong (Facebook)
8. Timon and Pumbaa watching Simba and Nala have sex.
Submitted by Cat Shelton (Facebook)
9. Frollo creepily smelling Esmeralda’s hair.
Submitted by Submitted by Jeff Phillips (Facebook)
10. Cruella de Vil’s desire to kill Dalmatians so she can make clothes and furs.
Submitted by Russell Porsley.
11. Gaston’s scary skull eyes in his death scene.
Submitted by Danielle Magnuson (Facebook)
12. The Mad Hatter, March Hare, and the Red Queen trying to trap Alice in Wonderland.
Submitted by Carlie MotherZucker (Facebook)
13. The striptease song number, “Let Me Be Good to You,” from The Great Mouse Detective.
Submitted by Emily Gresbrink.
14. The heffalumps and woozles giving Winnie the Pooh a trippy nightmare.
Submitted by Magdalena Zieba (Facebook)
15. Madame Medusa telling Penny she could either retrieve a diamond from a skull’s head or drown.
Submitted by katleenmeowny.
16. Mia and Tia “flashing” Lightning McQueen.
Submitted by mciemieg.
17. Princess Jasmine and Jafar’s creepy sexual tension in Aladdin.
Submitted by Kat Johnson (Facebook)
18. When you realize Mufasa commits incest, like all lions do, in order to start a family.
Submitted by Chloe Smith (Facebook)
19. Ursula telling Ariel a man will like her if she keeps her mouth shut.
20. The bizarre pink elephants dancing in Dumbo.
Submitted by Emily C Le (Facebook)
21. The skeletons using their bones as instruments in The Skeleton Dance.
Submitted by jesschow.
22. Bobby breaking the fourth wall in An Extremely Goofy Movie.
Submitted by Michael Blackmon.
23. Jim Crow from Dumbo being named after the Jim Crow laws.
Submitted by nikospaceshipt.
25. And Kronk’s conveniently pitched tent in The Emperor’s New Groove.
Walt Disney Pictures / Via Netflix
Submitted by Jon-Michael Poff.
Want to be featured in more posts like this? Follow the BuzzFeed Community on Facebook and Twitter!
Read more: http://www.buzzfeed.com/kaylayandoli/pumbaa-not-in-front-of-the-kids