Dancing with the Stars painfully revealed their participants for the popular dance competition tonight on ABC. They spread the pain in commercial segments over three hours of ABC Sunday night programming. Whatever works to get folks to watch those commercials. TGFT (Thank God For Tivo!).
The competition begins March 9 (8/7c).
The contestants are, in the order we heard them:
1. L’il Kim – Grammy Award winning, American multi-platinum rapper and singer.
2. Steve-O – Daredevil performer and television personality, best known as one of the performers on the TV series Jackass and on Wildboyz.
3. Nancy O’Dell – won the Miss South Carolina pageant in 1987 and represented the state at Miss America 1988. co-host of Access Hollywood.
4. Lawrence Taylor – retired Hall of Fame American football player.
5. Shawn Johnson – Gymnast extraordinaire, 2008 Olympic women’s balance beam gold medalist, the individual all-around silver medalist,the 2007 all-around World Champion, and the 2007 and 2008 U.S. all-around champion.
6. Chuck Wick – American country music artist.
7. Gilles Marini – Actor
8. Denise Richards – American actress and former fashion model.
9. Belinda Carlisle – American singer and the lead vocalist of the all-female band The Go-Go’s.
10. David Alan Grier – American actor and comedian.
11. Steve Wozniak – American computer engineer who founded Apple Computer with Steve Jobs.
12. Ty Murray – former champion rodeo cowboy.
13. Jewel – American singer-songwriter, guitarist, actress, and poet.
Confirmed Pros performing this season are Reigning champion Derek Hough, Season 6 winner Mark Ballas, and two-time winners Cheryl Burke and Julianne Hough (who will be paired with boyfriend and country singer Chuck Wicks).
Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Karina Smirnoff are also returning on the show this season.
Former So You Think You Can Dance contenders Chelsie Hightower and Dmitry Chaplin will be joining Lacey Schwimmer, last season’s So You Think You Can Dance pro, who also returns this season.